Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Creepy Clown...with a Flame Thrower?

Ok, so I must admit, this was probably the most unique request I've had for a cake so far... I was given a photo to work from and I knew that I had my work cut out for me! I am new to figure sculpting, so this was challenging, but rewarding!



The cake was a marble chocolate, vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. In the middle, I put chocolate frosting and Heathbar crunch pieces. Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmmm! I covered the cake in modeling chocolate and fondant. The toughest part of the cake was sculpting Ronald. He came out better than I had expected, but when I went to put him on the cake, he slowly began to bend over! Frantically, I tried to create extra supports so that he stood upright and the heat from my hands made him melt!!! Ahhhh! So, Ronald ended up sitting on the cake instead...*sigh*... Oh well! Not bad for my first "real time" sculpting! I couldn't make a flame thrower out of modeling chocolate, but I got sparkler candles instead!!





No comments: